Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Scribe



Local artist scribe has been "getting up" for years. I first saw his work on the side of Zowie's/816 Skate. My tattoo artist owned a studio in basement below, and then later above in the loft space, formerly known as Triple Crown Tattoos. This is located on Broadway in the heart of Westport.

My jaw dropped in amazement as I saw Scribe(also known as D.Ross) work and interpretation of Alice in Wonderland. Being native to the Boston area I am no stranger to graffiti, and perhaps my childhood viewings spawned my interest. Regardless of the heart of my fondness, Scribe is one of the most talented I have seen to date. He has moved into the professional realm of artist. He can be seen doing live paintings on local KC news stations, painting murals for the Children's Mercy hospitals in the area, designing toys and even publishing his own children's book. You can find more examples of the man and his craft at the link pasted below.

No comments:

Post a Comment